Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yay it finally works!! Sorry it has taken so long to get this thing going but it was blocked when we first got here. Wow so much has happened since I got here. We ended up getting here only one day late and things didn't slow down from there. Right when we got to the Jerusalem Center, we had dinner then went straight to class! There are 80 students total and everyone is so nice and so much fun! I love going to the Old City with different people every day to get to know them. It's really fun.

I can't believe all the places I have already visited in the first 6 days of being here! I have seen Bethlehem, the Garden Tomb, Golgotha, the Church of the Holy Seplecure and everything on the Temple Mount- main thing there is the Dome of the rock. Then I did the Rampart's walk- you walk on top of the city wall. It takes about 3-4 hours total so we did split it up and did it in 2 days.

Classes are going great- they are so interesting! I have a Judaism class, Islam class, Near Eastern Studies and Old Testament. All the teachers and staff are really nice. Mom and Dad- you would fit in here perfectly! You should totally do it next year!

We are going on a field trip tomorrow so I'll update again soon and put up some more pictures!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Julie- I am so jealous!!! Keep going out to the city as much as you can!